This interactive workshop provides an opportunity for delegates to explore the challenges they face when motivating themselves and their team members. They will share these challenges and learn from each other in a safe, energising and fun environment. They will come away with tips and techniques to practice in the workplace, giving them happiness and fulfilment in their role.
By the end of the workshop, delegates will be able to :
- motivate themselves and their team effectively
- build better relationships with other teams across their business
- demonstrate a range of personal skills in managing people, to get the best out of their team members
This session is designed for anyone who is interested in developing or refreshing their understanding of why it is that they themselves, and other people, usually aim to do a good job. It is a good eye-opener for people looking for greater motivation in their own role. It is also for team leaders who have been managing people for a while and are looking for new ways of thinking to help them motivate others.
Content – Managing People
- The philosophy and science of happiness
- What makes us happy ?
- Levels of happiness
- Self awareness exercise : Career motivations
- Understanding motivation – “intrinsic” and “extrinsic” factors
- Empathy and sympathy
- Helping people to feel valued
- The real meaning of empowerment
- What this means for managing people in practice