This interactive session allows delegates to further explore some key aspects of their role within a team. It provides an opportunity for some deeper reflection on how human beings interact with each other. This enables delegates to decide on any changes they want to make based on real insight. In a facilitated environment, most of the learning is done by increasing self-awareness and developing empathy for others.
By the end of the session, delegates will be able to :
- explain their preferred working style and their understanding of the preferred working style of other people
- describe the reasons why certain people within a team may get on well or not so well together
- demonstrate some additional techniques to get the best out of themselves and every team member
This session is designed for anyone who wishes to develop or refine the skills needed for either performing well within a team or for managing a high-performing team. It is a refreshing thought-provoker both for people who have been part of a settled team for a while and for those who have recently joined a new team.
Content – Team Skills
- Pre-session work : Team skills self awareness questionnaire
- Characteristics of successful and unsuccessful teams
- Individual working styles
- How different working styles interact
- The success trap
- Tactics for overcoming conflict within teams
- Harnessing the power of team skills – strength in diversity
- The power of positive thinking, an inspirational vision and goals
- The real meaning of assertiveness